Thursday, November 8, 2007

ARK Voyages

Hello there from the drummer/percussionist that played on the ARK Voyages album back in 1978. For those that asked was it true that we only had 100 copies made..yes it was. That was the deal. Later in the 90's, our bass player decided to make a deal with a pal in Belgium and a reissue was pressed there. I have copies of both and am amazed it is still talked about, and that it ever went for as much as 1,000 in auctions. I did have fun playing on Voyages but the band broke up the same year as Eddie Herold lfet for Nashville's Belmont College. That's all for now but if anyone is interested in ARK ( what people call Jesus Rock now ) it would be a blast from the past to talk to you. All the best, Lee Henderson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

IT,S NOT NICE TO STEAL EDDIE HEROLD

Unknown said...

GLAD I FOUND THIS BLOG.I NEVER DREAMED WHEN THE ARK ALBUM WAS BEING MADE THAT IT WOULD EVER BECOME A COLLECTABLE.I ALSO NEVER DREAMED THAT EVERYTHING I HAD TO DO WITH THE ALBUM WOULD BE STOLEN FROM ME.I WAS DELIBERATELY KEPT IN THE DARK BY MY OTHER BANDMATES FOR MANY YEARS,DECADES ACTUALLY,I STILL DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF DEAL WAS PUT TOGETHER WITH GUERRSEN RECORDS,BUT I MYSELF HAVE PURCHASED COPIES OF THE VOYAGES ALBUM FROM BARNES&NOBLE,K MART,AND BEST BUY.THAT IS WHY I SAY THAT IT IS NOT NICE TO STEAL.THIS WHOLE THING HAS DEVASTATED ME,AND CAUSED ME MUCH SUFFERING AND GRIEF.I DO WANT TO SAY THAT ONE OF THE COWRITERS OF ONE OF THE SONGS I HOLD AS TOTALLY HARMLESS IN THIS MATTER,THAT BEING LINDA MOSES WHO I KNOW TO BE OF THE HIGHEST OF CHARACTER.SHE AND CHARLES WROTE THE LYRICS AND I WROTE THE MUSIC EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT CREDITED ON THE ALBUM FOR THAT SONG.PRODUCER CREDITS WERE ALSO TAKEN FROM ME EARLY ON WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE.IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT I AM THE SOLE OWNER OF MOST OF THE SONGS ON THE ALBUM INCLUDING THE PUBLISHING.I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY AN INTERNATIONAL RECORD LABEL LIKE GUERRSEN WOULD RELEASE THIS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.I AM NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO FIND.I ALSO DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY WOULD SAY BAD AND SLANDEROUS THINGS ABOUT ME IN THE ENCLOSED BOOKLET HAVING NEVER KNOWN OR MET ME.LEE,CHARLES,FANNY RECORDS,AND GUERRSEN,I FORGIVE YOU,BUT I EXPECT RESTITUTION.

Unknown said...

The above is not totally accurate.I tried to forgive, but I see there is absolutely no remorse from any of you. You think you got away with it. It will be interesting to see. Maybe you will and maybe you won't. Eddie